Airports in Vietnam are the most convenient way to get around. This is a country with many tourist attractions, some of which are almost inaccessible or located quite far from each other, so air travel becomes very important. Fortunately, there is a number with a relatively reasonable cost, foreigners can experience international airports in Vietnam. Wolo Tours will show you now. Learn more!
>>>> SEE NOW: Veitnam visa: Types, cost, requirements, policy & application
- 1. TOP 3 main international airports in Vietnam
- 2. TOP list of international airports in Vietnam
- 3. Points to note when arriving at the airport
1. TOP 3 main international airports in Vietnam
Vietnam has a number of airports both domestically and internationally to facilitate easy air travel. When entering Vietnam through an international airport, you must have valid single or multiple entry visas. However, if you choose to enter via an International Airport in Hanoi, Da Nang, or Ho Chi Minh City, a letter of approval is only required and you will be provided with a visa on arrival.
1.1. Nội Bài International Airport (HAN)
Noi Bai is an international airport located in the North, serving Hanoi and surrounding areas. This airport is very large and has two terminals. Terminal 1 or the old airport is used for domestic flights and Terminal 2 or the new airport is used for international flights.
Besides, the airport has a number of restaurants, cafes, and ATMs. There are also many outlets where you can change your money to VND. The airport is about 30 kilometres from the city centre. It will cost you about 345,000 VND if taking a taxi and 45,000 VND by bus or train.
>>>> LEARN MORE:
- Vietnam visa policy for travellers in detail latest update 2022
- Vietnam Visa Photo Size and Requirements in 2022
- Visa Requirements for Vietnam 2022 | Travel to Vietnam
1.2. Đà Nẵng International Airport (DAD)
Da Nang International Airport serves Da Nang and the surrounding area. The airport served as a military base until 1940. Although it is the third-largest airport in Vietnam, the density of flights is less. The airport is only 5 kilometres from the city and 8 kilometres from the beach resorts.
Taxis are the most convenient means of transportation, you just need to pick one up on the road. It will cost you about 130,000 VND to the city and 150,000 VND to the beach. Now, you will also have more ways to move around the city instead of taking a taxi like before thanks to technology transportation.
1.3. Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport (SGN)
Tan Son Nhat International Airport has the closest location to Ho Chi Minh city. This is the largest and busiest airport in Vietnam, serving 34 international airlines and 3 domestic airlines. The airport can be navigated easily and connecting flights via Ho Chi Minh City should not be an issue.
The airport is located 8 kilometres from the city and can be easily reached by taxi or bus. There are many taxi companies such as Airport Taxi, and Saigon Taxi with prices ranging from 120,000 to 150,000 VND. Buses to Ben Thanh market operate from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm every day for about 60,000 VND.
2. TOP list of international airports in Vietnam
Flights in Vietnam are generally affordable but you should expect prices to go up around the holidays. Domestic airlines are Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Bamboo Airways, and Jetstar. In addition to the three largest international airports in Vietnam as mentioned, there is another airport that you may know.
2.1. Cát Bi International Airport (HPH)
Cat Bi Airport is located near Hai Phong. Apart from a single flight to Macau, the airport has almost exclusively domestic flights with regular flights to Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City. The airport is located just 5 kilometers from the city center and is easily accessible.
Therefore, taking a taxi into the city costs 50,000 VND and a motorbike taxi is 40,000 VND. If you are a backpacker or have time to spare plus less luggage, choose to go by bicycle. It costs around 30,000 VND and is an enjoyable ride across the Vietnamese countryside.
>>>> DISCOVER DETAIL:
- Vietnam 30 day visa: Fee + Requirement + Application 2022
- Vietnam visa options | Types of Vietnamese visa 2022
2.2. Vinh International Airport (VII)
The Vinh International Airport is located in Vinh city, Nghe An province, Vietnam. It used to function only as a military base along with Gia Lam Airport in Hanoi. Since 2015, the airport has completed operations as a commercial international airport as well as serving as a military base.
Furthermore, there are not many public transport connections from Vinh International Airport. Taxis are available on going to Vinh city centre and usually cost around 60,000 VND. However, this airport continues to see a rise in the number of passengers each year and is continuously under expansion.
>>>> CLICK NOW:
- Vietnam visa guide for each type in detail for travellers
- Visa on arrival Vietnam 2022 | How to apply for VOA simple, fast?
- Apply Vietnam evisa | Visa for Vietnam online application
2.3. Phú Bài International Airport (HUI)
The Phu Bai airport is located near Hue and provides services to Hue city and Hoi An ancient towns. The airport is quite small and was formerly used by the French and Americans as an air base. The airport is 15 kilometres from Hue and about 100 kilometres from Hoi An.
In addition, there are regular buses to Hue from the airport and these buses cost about 40,000 VND. You can also take a taxi for 250,000 VND or a motorbike taxi for 120,000 VND. To get to Hoi An, you will have to catch a bus or taxi from Hue.
2.4 Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR)
Cam Ranh Airport located in Nha Trang is the fourth biggest airport in Vietnam. This airport mostly has domestic flights from major airports across Vietnam but also has some international flights from Russia. The airport is 30 kilometres south of Nha Trang.
Shuttle service from Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang city centre costs about 30,000 and 40,000 VND. Buses are almost always very crowded and a more convenient but expensive option is to take a taxi for 300,000 VND. Instead, you can choose a motorbike taxi at a reasonable price.
>>>> YOU SHOULD CARE:
- How to get 1 year business visa Vietnam? Requirements & fees 2022
- How to get a multiple entry visa Vietnam? All you need to know
2.5 Cần Thơ International Airport (VCA)
Formerly Tra Noc Airport, the Can Tho International Airport is located 8 kilometres from Can Tho City in the Mekong Delta region. It was fully put into operation in 2011. This airport was designed and developed with the aim of handling nearly 5 million passengers per year.
Can Tho International Airport is economically important to the region because it is the gateway for international trade. A shared car or taxi is always available for transportation to Can Tho city. Travelling by Taxi from the airport to Can Tho city costs about 116,595 VND.
2.6 Liên Khương International Airport (DLI)
The Lien Khuong International Airport is located near Da Lat. The airport is conveniently located on Highway 22 and is easily accessible by road. The airport is 30 km from Da Lat city. The taxi price from the airport is not more than 200,000 VND. Moreover, there is a shuttle service from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City which costs about 40,000 VND.
2.7 Phú Quốc International Airport (PQC)
Phu Quoc International Airport is located near Duong Dong Town on Phu Quoc Island. The airport is equipped only to receive small aircraft. The airport itself is just two kilometres from the main town. You can easily get to the town by taking a taxi or motorbike taxi with prices from 30,000 VND to 50,000 VND.
3. Points to note when arriving at the airport
When arriving at Vietnam’s international airport, you need to note the following points. If you need extra help at the airport, that includes taxis, facilities, dining, ATMs, and luggage stubs. This is optional.
- Taxis: The Mai Linh and Vinasun are two reliable taxi companies in Vietnam. You can ask or find their representative at the airport taxi stand upon arriving.
- Facilities: All international airports in Vietnam have free WiFi, drinking stations, currency exchange centres, duty-free shops, and smoking rooms for passengers.
- Dining: Vietnam’s airports tend to be geared towards restaurant chains. Burger King, Highlands Coffee, Big Bowl, and Star Cafe are available in almost every terminal.
- ATMs: They can be found just outside the entrance of Vietnam’s airports. Most domestic ATMs pay an amount from VND 2,000,000 to VND 5,000,000 per transaction.
- Luggage stubs: You need to remember to keep your luggage stub when travelling on domestic flights in Vietnam. It will be checked by airport personnel before you leave the terminal.
Through this article, Wolo Tours has introduced to you the top 10 international airports in Vietnam that are most loved by tourists. Hopefully, this wealth of information can be of great help to you during your trip. If you need any further information, please contact this business support centre in the following way.
- Address: 2nd floor No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: support@Vietnamvisatourist.com
>>>> SHARE TRAVEL TIPS & NEWS: