The best time to visit Vietnam has become a hot topic among foreigners when they want to travel to Vietnam. Because each region will have weather differences, choosing a suitable time can help you get a wonderful trip. To support you fulfil your journey, Wolo Tours will give you the suggestion for your traveling to Vietnam in this article. Read it now!
>>>> SEE MORE: Visa to Vietnam: Types, cost, requirements, policy & application
1. When is the best time to visit Vietnam?
In Vietnam, the weather varies greatly from north to south because of the tropical climate. In general, each season in a different locality will have its unique beauty. If you want to fully explore the beautiful landscape of one region, choosing the right time is extremely important. Let’s explore when is the best time to visit Vietnam right now.
1.1 The best time to visit North Vietnam (Sapa, Hanoi, Halong Bay)
In Vietnam’s north, the cold, dry winters can be quite severe, with overnight temperatures dipping to around 39°F. The summer months (May to August) are typically very hot and humid. Spring and autumn are the best time to visit northern Vietnam when the days are warm and sunny.
The ideal places in the north that you can visit are Sa Pa, Ha Noi, and Ha Long Bay. Ha Noi attracts tourists with its cultural and historical traditions. Sapa is a great place to go hiking in the mountains near the Chinese border, while Ha Long Bay might be more appealing to people looking for a place to relax and take a break from the bustle of daily life.
>>>> LEARN MORE:
- Vietnam visa policy for travelers in detail latest update
- Vietnam visa requirements update 2022 | Travel to Vietnam
1.2 Vietnam Central (Hue, Hoi An)
The coast of central Vietnam is often battered by typhoons during its wet season, which is usually from May to October. Typhoons generally occur from August to November, but their effects can vary greatly depending on the year. It is difficult to predict when a typhoon will hit coastal cities, but they are generally more likely to occur in August or November.
The rainy season usually ends in February, when the weather becomes warmer and sunnier. Travelers will experience comfortable weather in Central Vietnam at any time between February and August, but the days at 30°C (86°F) of the sun are the standard for July and August.
If you want to travel to Vietnam Central, Hue and Hoi An are highly recommended. Hoi An is the most famous ancient city with a beautiful coast and contains several magnificent beaches. Having the same vibe, Hue is a city with a rich history and culture. It is also a conservative city, with a strong sense of tradition.
>>>> LET’S START: Vietnam visa photo size and requirements in 2022
1.3 South Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta)
South Vietnam has warm, comfortable weather all year round, so travel is always a good idea. The dry season runs from December to May, and the rainy season runs from June through November.
The monsoon season is a great time to photograph the Mekong Delta and rice fields turn vibrant emerald green. The dramatic thunderheads floating across the region are also a nice bonus. Travelers can find temperatures unbearable from March to May when the mercury regularly reaches 40°C (104°F).
In the South, Ho Chi Minh is one of the largest and most crazy cities in Vietnam. If you are looking for a day of sightseeing in Ho Chi Minh City, consider taking a city tour, and exploring the Cu Chi tunnel and the Mekong Delta. You can see the vibrant Vietnamese culture here.
2. 4 seasons in Vietnam
Vietnam has four seasons with different weather characteristics. Tourists should pay attention to the weather to choose an appropriate tourist destination. Let’s explore more about when is the best time to visit Vietnam.
2.1 Spring (March-May)- The best time to visit Vietnam beaches
From March to May, the weather in Vietnam will be a bit hot and there will be rain in some places. This is the right time to enjoy yourself on the beaches. Some cities belonging to the central coast will be the best ideal for you.
- March: Regarding the weather, March is perhaps the best month to visit Vietnam, especially if you want to see the whole country. The temperatures in the north rise and make March a perfect time for going to beaches. Cat Ba Island is one of the best destinations for your journey. If it is dry outside, you can visit the Phong Nha Caves in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, which is known for its large caves.
- April: As the summer approaches, the temperature in the north rises. Rains often occur. However, it is still very nice and great for a walk. You can spend time in the charming town of Hoi An and the lovely beach of An Bang, as well as the spacious dunes at Da Nang.
- May: The South becomes bleak when it moves into the monsoon season, but it is easy to avoid short midday dives. In May, the central coast is the best time to visit Vietnam, with hot, sunny days. You can visit Da Nang – a centre of commerce and tourism full of history and heritage that existed almost 2,000 years ago.
>>>> WATCH MORE:
- Vietnam visa options | Types of Vietnamese visa 2022
- Vietnam visa guide for each type in detail for travelers
2.2 Summer (June – August) – The best time to travel to Vietnam dental areas
In summer, the temperature will soar. At the same time, the phenomenon of heavy downpours will last. You should consider choosing some regions without too much rain. Ha Noi tends to be very wet in this season.
- June: The south is experiencing heavy rain and floods, while the north is also seeing increased rainfall. This could make trekking in either region hazardous. The central coast is the perfect place to relax. You can enjoy the beaches near Hoi An, Da Nang, and Lang Co. And the south still have plenty of daylight hours to spend outdoors.
- July: July is a month with a lot in common with June. Both have heavy downpours in the middle of the country. In the north and central parts of the country, temperatures are typically high, reaching 31°C on average. Ha Noi tends to be very wet this month.
- August: If you want to hike in Vietnam, avoid visiting in August due to the increased rainfall in the north and central highlands. However, conditions on the central coast are still good, and the south is still in its wet season. If you want to visit HaLong Bay, do not go on a boat tour this month.
2.3 Autumn (September – November) – The best time to travel Vietnam rural areas
In autumn, the weather will start to get better. This is the perfect time to enjoy hiking and trekking. You are recommended to travel to Vietnam in rural areas. Or you can go to the beach to relax.
- September: Similar patterns are being seen in both the north and south: temperatures are high, but conditions are drying out which could lead to increased exploration in the north around Sa Pa. You should consider traveling to Vietnam this month.
- October: If you are a fan of outdoor activities, like hiking and trekking, October is a great month to visit. The sun reappears in the north and dry weather makes it conducive to exploring Sa Pa and the Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark in Ha Giang province. The Mai Chau Valley is a beautiful area to explore with its rice fields.
- November: The warm weather in the south and favorable conditions in the north make this a great month to travel around the country. There are many beaches to choose from in the south, or you can trek in the north. November is a great time to visit Vietnam for a cruise in HaLong Bay.
>>>> LET’S START:
- Vietnam 30 day visa: Fee + Requirement 2022
- Vietnam visa guide for each type in detail for travelers
2.4 Winter (December – February) – Best time to visit Vietnam for festival
In winter, the weather in Vietnam will not be too cold. The dry season is coming, but it will not make you too uncomfortable. During this season, you can travel to Ho Chi Minh city or some cities like Phan Thiet and Mui Ne.
- December: The majority of Vietnam enjoys the dry state and sunshine until December. This month, beaches such as Mui Ne or Phu Quoc Island are very impressive. It is also a good time to visit Ho Chi Minh City, where the average temperature is 26°C.
- January: In January, the cold winter weather attacks the north. This is often accompanied by a thin sustainable mist that may shake the views of Ha Long Bay. The dry season in January is a good time to explore post-city downtimes such as Phan Thiet and Mui Ne.
- February: In February, Vietnam enjoys favorable weather conditions all around. The south and central coasts are great for beach lovers such as Hoi An and Da Nang. If you are able to tear yourself away from the beaches in Da Nang, you’ll enjoy some of the best street food in Vietnam in the city’s back streets.
>>>> GET VISA NOW:
- How to get a 1 year business visa Vietnam? Requirements & fees 2022
- Apply E Vietnam visa | Visa for Vietnam online application
- Vietnam visa on arrival 2022 | Can I get a visa on arrival in Vietnam?
- How to get a multiple entry visa Vietnam? All you need to know
3. Wolo Tours help you with your Vietnam trip
Wolo Tours has more than 10 years of experience in Vietnamese immigration and trip procedures. The firm has multiple strange, such as:
- First, the enterprise supports customers’ visa processes.
- Secondly, Wolo Tours has a professional team of consultants.
- Thirdly, the information on the procedure is clear and detailed.
- Finally, you will receive ancillary services like fast-track service. Let’s see the contact of this business below.
After reading this article, you can take some notes about the best time to visit Vietnam. Remember that each season will have different weather. You should consider it when choosing the ideal place to visit. If you are looking for other information about this topic, do not hesitate to contact Wolo Tours through this contact information:
- Address: 2nd floor No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: support@Vietnamvisatourist.com
>>>> SHARE TRAVEL TIPS & NEWS: