British Consulate Vietnam is an essential place you need to know when visiting this country. With amazing nature and friendly people, many foreigners including British citizens have chosen Vietnam as one of the most ideal places for a long trip or their worthy destination. Therefore, Wolo Tours will tell you about the British consulate in Vietnam through this post. Read more!
>>>> SEE MORE: Vietnam visa: Types, cost, requirements, policy & application
- 1. British consulate in Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City
- 2. British embassy Vietnam – Hanoi
- 3. FAQ about British consulate Vietnam
1. British consulate in Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City
The British Consulate Vietnam, also known as the Consulate General of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, was established by the British Embassy in Ha Noi to provide comprehensive information about Britain and British activities in Vietnam. If the information you want cannot be found online, you need to contact the British Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City by the following.
1.1 Contact details
The British Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is under the supervision of the Embassy of the United Kingdom in Hanoi. The list of contact information is here:
- Address: 25 Le Duan Boulevard, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Telephone: (+84) (28) 3825 1380, (+84) (24) 3936 0500
- Fax: (+84) (28) 3829 5257
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.gov.uk/world/vietnam
1.2 Working hour
The British Consulate in Vietnam is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 to 12:00 and 13:00 and 16:45 and Friday from 8:30 to 12:00 and 12:30 and 15:00. Consulate-general offices may be closed on Vietnamese and British public holidays. Besides, you should be aware that due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the opening hours of the consulate general may be affected. Please contact the consulate general to get the exact opening hours.
1.3 Visa, passport and consular services
The United Kingdom Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City can provide a range of consular services such as UK Vietnam visa and passport processing as well as document legalization. If you need to get the detailed information they provide on the consular services, you should contact the office directly.
2. British embassy Vietnam – Hanoi
The British Embassy in Hanoi maintains and develops relations between the United Kingdom and Vietnam. The office provides services to British nationals living in and visiting the country. Their work covers a wide range of areas including political-diplomatic cooperation, global and regional affairs, international trade, people-to-people exchanges, and more.
>>>> YOU MAY LIKE:
- Do I need a visa to travel to Vietnam?| Answer and explain
- Do UK citizens need a visa for Vietnam?| Clearly & fully answer
2.1 Contact details
If you have any inquiries for the British Embassy Vietnam or need any advice on your Vietnam travel and you are in Ha Noi, there are various ways to connect with the embassy. The following is shown you how to do it.
- Address: Central Building – 4th floor, 31 Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Telephone: (+84) (24) 3936 0500
- Fax: (+84) (24) 3936 0561
- Email: email@example.com or DIT.Vietnam@fcdo.gov.uk
- Website: www.gov.uk/world/vietnam
2.2 Working hour
The embassy is normally open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 to 12:30 and 13:30 and 16:45 and Friday from 8:30 to 12:30 and 13:00 and 15:00. Embassy offices may be closed on Vietnamese and British public holidays. Moreover, the opening hours may be affected due to the ongoing Covid -19 pandemic. Thus, you need to contact the embassy to confirm opening hours prior to arrival.
2.3 Services: Urgent assistance and other consular services
The UK Embassy in Hanoi can provide a range of consular services such as Vietnam entry visa and passport processing as well as document legalization. You are better off contacting the office directly for information about the consular services they provide. Besides, they also give you the Urgent assistance like as:
- Urgent assistance:
- Consular appointments: This is opened by appointment only.
- Get an emergency travel document: You can apply for it if you are abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired and you are unable to receive a new or replacement passport in time to travel.
- If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before: Contact the office to apply for the emergency travel document.
- Other consular services:
- Notarization and document services: They may be able to offer notarial services for British nationals in Vietnam.
- Legalization Service: Before you do that, you need to learn how to get official confirmation that your UK public document is genuine so it can be accepted by foreign authorities as the UK does not require any documents to be legalized for use within the UK.
- Consular fee: UK law requires the embassy to charge a fee for some of its services. As a result, you should refer to the full list of fees applicable in Vietnam.
>>>> LEARN MORE: Apply Vietnam e-visa | Visa for Vietnam online application
3. FAQ about British consulate Vietnam
No one anticipates emergencies or serious problems when traveling abroad, but if the worst happens you should seek help and support from the British Embassy or British consulate in Viet Nam. In this section, you will be introduced to some frequently asked questions and situations in this regard.
3.1 What can the British Consulate help with?
The British Embassy, through its network of consular offices, can help you if you have problems abroad. This may include:
- Issue a replacement passport or other travel documents if yours is lost or stolen.
- Keep you safe in the event of terrorism or natural disaster.
- If you are a victim of a crime, the embassy will support you.
- Help your friends or family transfer money to you in an emergency.
- Provide you with contact details for the English-speaking professionals you may need, from doctors to lawyers or funeral directors.
- Visit you in the hospital.
- Provide mental health support.
- Contact you if you are arrested and detained.
3.2 What is the main work of a British consul?
British Consulate Vietnam works to protect the interests of UK citizens who are living or traveling in Vietnam and dual nationals abroad. Consular staff can offer practical advice, help, and support when their citizens need it. In some places there are no diplomatic missions or consular offices, there are honorary consulates.
3.3 What is the different between British consulate in Vietnam and British embassy in Vietnam
From a tourist’s point of view, there is not much of a difference between an embassy and a consulate in Vietnam. However, there are some differences depending on the expertise and mandate of each office which is shown in the following table.
|British Consulate in Vietnam||British Embassy in Vietnam|
|A consulate is a place where you can get consular services.||The basis for a country’s diplomatic representation abroad – that is, all political, cultural, and social relations between states.|
|There will be only one British embassy in the country you visit, but there may be a number of consulates.||There will only be one embassy for one country in another.|
|The Consulates are usually placed in the cities with the most tourists.||Ambassadors can be sent to multiple different countries, but a high commissioner is traditionally assigned to one country for their whole career.|
3.4 Which problem does British consulate Vietnam not solve?
Although the British Embassy Vietnam can help its citizens in many different situations, its services are limited – particularly if you have got yourself into trouble. It cannot be solved as the below.
- Get involved in criminal proceedings, get you out of jail or prevent you from being kicked out of the country.
- Get you superior treatment, whether in a hospital or prison.
- Give you money (You can get a loan in emergencies).
- Help you get to a country when you do not have the necessary travel documents, such as an ESTA to travel to the US.
- Give you legal advice.
- Criminal investigation.
- Search for missing people.
- Make a reservation for your travel or accommodation.
- Find a job for yourself.
The British Embassy in Vietnam is also unable to recover the cost of any belongings lost or stolen while you are away. They also cannot help with medical expenses abroad. This is why it is so important to arrange travel insurance before you hit the road.
>>>> READ MORE: Vietnam visa guide for each types in details for travelers
Hopefully, you have gotten an amount of useful information about the British Consulate Vietnam. It is also a good idea to find the contact details for the British Embassy or consular offices before you travel, and store the details both on your phone and written down. Wolo Tours is considered a reputable company in visa services as well as advising you on the documents to note when visiting Vietnam. Please contact the service by the following.
- Address: 2nd floor No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: support@Vietnamvisatourist.com
>>>> RELATED TOPICS: