When you want to have a wonderful holiday in Vietnam, Halong bay trip from Hanoi will be an ideal choice. This destination is one of the most beautiful landscapes for travelling. Moreover, Halong Bay is also popular for its friendly people and special cuisine. To support you fulfil your journey, Wolo Tours will provide you with some information about this destination in the article.
>>>> SEE MORE: Vietnam visas: Types, cost, requirements, policy & application
1. 6 ways to get to Halong bay trip from Hanoi
Ha Long Bay is on the coast of Northern Vietnam. It is a popular destination for tourists, who come to enjoy its stunning views, pristine waters, and lively nightlife. If you want to have a trip from Hanoi to Halong bay, you need to take a flight to Tuan Chau island which is far 153 kilometres (95 miles) from the capital.
1.1. Hanoi to Halong Bay shuttle bus
Many people prefer a shuttle bus from Ha Noi to Ha Long. This is such a great way to see the sights and enjoy the trip. There are a variety of shuttle buses to choose from, whether you are looking for a budget-friendly option or a luxurious one. Most shuttle buses travel on Ha Noi’s 5B highway which takes only around 2.5-3 hours to arrive. Departure time at the Pickup Point in Ha Noi Old Quarter is from 8 AM to 9 AM.
- Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes – 3 hours
- Pricing: 15 – 20 USD One way/Pax if the pickup is located in the Old Quarter of Ha Noi. Additional charges may apply if you are staying outside the historic centre.
- Best for: The shuttle bus is the most efficient means of transport between Ha Noi and Ha Long. If you want to focus on your budget and save time while travelling, this is the best way to go.
There are three main types of shuttle buses. They are regular buses, luxury buses, and shuttle buses operated by cruise companies. Among a variety of shuttle buses, you can choose one of these brands for your journey.
>>>> WATCH MORE:
- Visa policy Vietnam for travellers in details latest update 2022
- Vietnam visa photo requirements UK update in 2022
- Visa Requirements for Vietnam 2022 | Travel to Vietnam
1.2 Hanoi to Halong Bay public bus
Besides the shuttle bus, the public is also a good choice for those who want to save money. The three main buses to Ha Long will depart from My Dinh Station, Giap Bat Station, and Gia Lam Station.
- Time: 2 hours – 3 hours
- Pricing: 5-11 USD/Pax/One-way person
- Best for: Using public buses isn’t as comfy and convenient as shuttle buses, however, it’s cheaper. If you want to save your budget, an area bus could be a far better possibility.
Tickets square measure on the market at coach station ticketing offices. No advanced reservation is needed. 60% of buses to Halong Bay are from My Dinh Station, thus it offers additional selections of bus operators and value ranges.
1.3 Private car
To take a personal automobile from the capital of Vietnam to Halong Bay, you will book the service through cruise suppliers or travel agencies. Instead, it’s a good idea to book a private car. The personal automotive can pick you up and drop you off at whichever location is arranged.
- Time: 2 hours 30 minutes – 3 hours.
- Pricing: 100 – 150 USD one round trip
- Best for: Business travellers, teams of friends, and families preferring a personal and cosy transfer
>>>> LEARN MORE:
- Vietnam tourist visa: Fee + Requirement + Application 2022
- Vietnam visa options | Types of Vietnamese visa 2022
1.4 Hanoi to Halong Bay by seaplane
Taking a seaplane from the national capital to get a Halong bay trip from Hanoi is a special idea. Moreover, exploiting this aviation service, you may be offered a spectacular seaplane trip with aerial views of the bay. A 45-minute regular flight from Hanoi to Halong Bay prices from 175 USD to 385 USD.
- Time: 60 minutes
- Pricing: 175 – 385 USD/ Pax
- Best for: Affluent visitors and couples who wish to see aerial views of the Bay
1.5 From Hanoi, take the train to Halong Bay
Now, the train routes between Hanoi and Halong Bay are reopened for tourists to take a trip. For an additional authentic landscape experience, you can travel by train. This is also a cost-effective choice to get a trip from Hanoi to Halong Bay. You can expect the price of a ticket to be 80.000 VND (4 USD).
- Time: 6 hours 45 minutes
- Pricing: 4 USD/ Pax
- Best for: If visitors have a tight budget, taking the train will be a reasonable way to save money and enjoy the scenery.
The train leaves on a daily basis from Yen Vien station in Ha Noi at 4:55 am and arrives at 11:41 am. It takes 6 hours and 45 minutes to complete the travel time. Once the train arrives at Halong station, you will get extra transportation to reach your accommodation.
>>>> LET’S START:
- Apply Vietnam e visa | Visa for Vietnam online application
- Vietnam visa on arrival 2022 | How to apply for VOA simple, fast?
- How to get a business visa for Vietnam? Requirements & fees 2022
If you are flexible in time and enjoy thrilling experiences, renting a motorbike to drive to HaLong Bay is a good choice. The cost is just approximately 5 or 7 USD per day.
- Time: 3 hours 30 minutes – 4 hours
- Pricing: 5 – 7 USD
- Best for: The motorbike is suitable for travellers and backpackers who love adventure and independence.
Obviously, driving from the capital of Vietnam to Halong Bay provides you with a lot of chances to enjoy the gorgeous scenery. However, you have to be ready with your physical health and ensure your safety when driving.
|Types of transportation||Prices (round trip)||Duration||Best for|
|Shuttle bus||15 – 20 USD||2.5 – 3 hours||Independent travelers and backpackers|
|Local Bus||10 -20 USD||3 – 3.5 hours||Tight-budget travelers and backpackers|
|Private car||100 – 150 USD||2.5 – 3 hours||Groups of friends and families|
|Seaplane||175 – 385 USD one-way||60 minutes||Affluent travelers and couples|
|Train||8 USD||6 hours 45 minutes||Budget-minded visitors enjoying an extraordinary way of travel|
|Motorbike||5 – 7 USD per day||Around 4 hours||Adventurous backpackers|
2. Day tours from Hanoi to Halong Bay are available
You may now take a day journey between Hanoi and Halong Bay with ease, thanks to the new Highway 5B. Day tours from the capital to this beautiful destination are available.
Taking a shuttle bus or hiring a private automobile is the best way to get to the Halong Bay trip from Hanoi. If you are traveling individually, the most cost-effective option is to use a shuttle bus. The cost is between $10 and $15 USD. Private transfers, on the other hand, are highly suggested for groups of friends and families with a large budget.
You may easily purchase a day boat ticket after you arrive in Ha Long City. The following are the two most popular day tour routes:
- Route 1: Tuan Chau Port – Thien Cung Cave – Dau Go Islet – Dinh Huong Islet – Fighting Cock Islet (4 hours)
- Route 2: Tuan Chau Port – Dinh Huong Islet – Fighting Cock Islet – Sung Sot Cave – Titop Island (6 hours)
On either route 1 or route 2, it costs 290.000 VND (about 13 USD) for each passenger. Tuan Chau Port, Ngoc Chau Ward, Tuan Chau, and Halong City sell tickets. Alternatively, booking a day cruise with Hanoi – Halong transfer included is a more convenient choice. The Estella Premium Day Cruise and Paradise Luxury Day Cruise are the day cruises available.
3. Traveling tips for all types of travelers
When traveling, each object will have different choices. You will not be able to choose to ride a motorbike if you go together with your family. We will suggest tips for your journey which are suitable for you.
3.1 Backpackers and independent travelers
If you are traveling alone and on a budget, the best way to get a Halong bay day trip from Hanoi is to take a shuttle bus or a local bus. One trip travel time is between 2.5 and 3 hours. Another option, but not highly recommended, is to ride a motorcycle, which will take roughly 4 hours but will reward you with beautiful views along the route.
>>>> DISCOVER DETAIL:
- Vietnam visa guide for each type in detail for travelers
- How to get a multi entry visa Vietnam? All you need to know
3.2 For families and small groups
When traveling in a group or with a family, you will be accompanied by children. The safety of youngsters is especially important. As a result, leasing a private car with varying capacities based on the number of passengers is the best option. It costs between $100 and $150 each car round trip and takes 2.5 to 3 hours to get there.
3.3 For couples and affluent tourists
If money is not an issue, the couples should take a seaplane to Halong Bay. This is the most spectacular method to get there from Hanoi. Depending on the tourist season, the price ranges from 175 to 385 USD per pax.
4. Traveling from Hanoi to Halong Bay: FAQ
For tourists, Halong is a very attractive and beautiful destination in Vietnam. However, there are plenty of concerns when having a trip from Hanoi to Halong bay. VISA will answer for you the 3 most interesting questions from tourists.
4.1 Should I book the transfer through a car company or a tourist agency?
It is essential to book a tourist agency for your Halong bay trip from Hanoi. Because it will be easier for you to navigate and choose the right destination. In addition, you can get more discounts, reasonable costs and guarantees from the agency.
4.2 What is the quickest method to get from Hanoi to Halong Bay?
If you prefer to go by road, shuttle buses and private vehicles. Alternatively, if your budget is good, you can fly from Noi Bai International Airport to Halong City by seaplane. These are the two quickest methods to have a Halong Bay day trip from Hanoi.
4.3 Is it possible to visit Halong Bay in one day?
Spending a day excursion in Halong is the best choice for your relaxation. You easily reach this city in 3 hours with a round-trip ticket. A variety of day cruises also provide unique itineraries to popular tourist destinations. Some of the greatest are L’Azalée Day Cruise, Orchid Day Cruise, Jade Sails, and Estella Premium Day Cruise. You can take a fulfilling day trip in just one day.
After reading this article, you can have a more suitable option for Halong bay trip from Hanoi. Traveling by shuttle bus, private car, train or seaplane also have different features. You should consider your budget and favorite to choose the right option. If you are looking for other information about this topic, do not hesitate to contact Wolo Tours through this contact information:
- Address: 2nd floor No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: support@Vietnamvisatourist.com
>>>> SHARE TRAVEL TIPS & NEWS: