A Vietnam 1 year visa benefits people who intend to stay in Vietnam for one year without leaving. A one-year visa allows entry and exit to Vietnam many times, saving time that might be spent applying for multiple short-term visas. The article that follows has more information about this kind of visa.
Read more: Vietnam visa: Types, Requirements, Fees & How to get it? 
1. What is a Vietnam visa 1 year?
A multiple-entry Vietnam 1 year visa are suitable for those wishing to obtain a long-term visa for Vietnam.
Two types of Vietnam visa 1 year: 1-year multiple tourist visa and 1-year multiple business visa
|1-year multiple tourist visa||1-year multiple business visa|
|Purpose||tourism||work, do business|
|Entry and exit||
Discover now: Vietnam Multiple Entry Visa 2023 | Types, Applications, Fees
2. Who are eligible?
The following individuals are eligible to apply for a multiple-entry Vietnam 1-year visa:
- Tourists (US passports only).
- Foreign investors.
- NGOs – Heads of representative offices.
- Foreign workers with approved working visas.
The applicants for this kind of visa are citizens of the following nations:
United Arab Emirates
3. Steps to apply Vietnam 1-year visa
United States citizens have two options for acquiring a Vietnam 1-year visa: they can apply for a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy in the United States or obtain a visa upon arrival at the airport.
1 – Getting a visa at Vietnam Embassy
To make the application process for a Vietnam visa for 1 year at the Embassy more efficient, you should do the following steps:
- Schedule an appointment by contacting the Embassy.
- Visit the Embassy’s website, then download and complete the application form.
- Bring all essential paperwork. Documents required to apply for a multiple-entry Vietnam visa for 1 year include:
- Legal documents of the company (required for enterprises registering with the immigration office for the first time);
- Visa and visa extension application form according to form N5;
- Work permit or exemption from work permit for foreigners;
- Original passport (with a minimum one-year validity);
- Temporary residence book or Certificate of temporary residence registration.
- Additional paperwork for visa applications: Depending on the circumstances, the Immigration Department may request foreign nationals or businesses to provide additional documentation.
- After five to seven working days, return to the Vietnam Embassy to obtain your visa.
2 – Getting Vietnam 1-year visa on arrival
You can apply for a Vietnam visa 1 year on arrival in 3 steps as follows:
- Apply online for a pre-approved visa letter.
- Receive the approval letter between 7 and 10 business days
- Print the approval letter, prepare two passport-sized pictures, and pay $135 per person in stamping fees to receive a visa stamp upon arrival at a Vietnam international airport.
You may be concerned: Visa requirements for Vietnam 2023 | Here’s all information
4. Vietnam 1-year visa fees
The cost of a Vietnam 1-year visa depends on whether you apply for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy or Visa on arrival.
1 – For a Vietnam Embassy visa: The charge for a Vietnam Embassy visa would vary depending on the embassy you submit your application to. If you choose this option, you should contact the Embassy for details.
2 – For Visa on arrival: There are two types of fees associated with visa on arrival: Service fee and Stamping fee.
- The stamping fee is fixed: As of 2019, single-entry visas cost $25, and multiple-entry visas are $50. Payments must be made in cash (USD or VND), and there is no ATM within the custom area.
- The service fee: varies by visa type (tourist or business) and visa processing time (2 working days, 1 working day, 2-4 working hours for a tourist visa OR 7 working days, 2-3 working days for a business visa).
See more: Visa for Vietnam Cost 2023 | Who needs to pay for it?
5. Benefits of a Vietnam visa for 1 year
1-year Vietnam visa gives several advantages for people who wish to reside in Vietnam for an extended period.
- Multiple entries into Vietnam permitted. For instance, you will be travelling to Vietnam for three months. Throughout these months, you would like to travel between Vietnam and Thailand. You can require a three-month multiple-entry Vietnam visa to leave and re-enter Vietnam several times during three months.
- The one-year validity period from the date of issuance aids in cost savings. When you hold a one-year visa for Vietnam, you do not need to pay for shorter-term visas such as one-month or three-month visas.
- Vietnam allows a maximum stay of 90 days per entrance from the arrival date.
The above article has provided valuable information about the Vietnam 1-year visa. If you would like to apply for a Vietnam visa for one year, single or multiple entries, please get in touch with us for more details.
Wolo International Travel Service and Commercial Investment Joint Stock Company
- Headquater: 2nd floor – No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relevant information about the Vietnam visa: