[Official] Vietnam e-Visa application form| Guide to e-Visa in Vietnam
Vietnam e-visa is one of several ways offered by the Vietnam Immigration Department to foreigners entering the country. This article lists everything you need to know about applying for Vietnam’s e-Visa. Wolo Tours would like to introduce you to these details.
>>>> SEE ALSO: Vietnam visa: Types, cost, requirements, policy & application
1. What is Vietnam’s e-visa?
Vietnam e-visa is an online visa approval process available to citizens of 80 countries. Payment and delivery of the e-visa are done entirely online and take three full working days to process. The e-Visa is valid for a maximum of 30 days and single entry only.
The cost of Vietnam visa online is 25$ for card payments. In any case, the fee will not be refunded if the application is refused. So be make sure all information in this form is correct. You can contact Vietnam visa center to help you with your visa to Vietnam.
>>>> SEE MORE:
- Vietnam visa UK | Entry requirements & Helpful advice 2022
- Do you need a visa for Vietnam from UK?| Clearly & fully answer
2. Should I use a Vietnam e-Visa or Vietnam visa on arrival?
Both visa on arrival (VOA) and e-visa are convenient ways to obtain a visa to visit Vietnam. Let’s figure out the differences between the two and share the pros and cons of each one. So, it will help you to make a decision if Vietnam e-visa or visa on arrival is better:
|Items||Visa on arrival||E-visa|
|Year of Introduction||Early 2007||February 2017|
|Issued by||Immigration Department of Vietnam|
|Eligibility||For air travelers (150+ countries)||Citizens from 80 countries|
|Ports of entry||33 ports in Vietnam including: airports, land ports and seaports.||International airports in Vietnam (08): Hanoi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Da Lat, Khanh Hoa,Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Phu Quoc.|
|Visa validity||1 month (single/ multiple entries), 3 months (single/ multiple entries) and 1 year (multiple entries, for US citizens)||1 month Vietnam entry visa|
|Visa fee||2 Fees: Approval letter fee + Stamping fee (25 USD for single entry, 50 USD for multiple entry visa Vietnam)||25 USD (non-refundable)|
|Where to get||Apply online for an approval letter, receive the approval letter by email, then get the visa on arrival at Vietnam airport.||Submit the application form, then download the approved visa online on the Immigration Department website.|
|Visa form||you only receive the approval letter online, then get a stamp in your passport at airport in Vietnam||pdf file|
|Processing time||Different from type to type
(approximately 2-7 days)
|3 business days|
(Be aware of fake government websites because all websites providing visa on arrival service are private agencies,)
|National e-visa portal (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt)|
Each type has different advantages and certain drawbacks that applicants need to consider carefully prior to submission. And then, you will see if Vietnam e-visa or VOA is the optimal option for your trip to Vietnam.
>>>> READ MORE:
- Do I need a visa to travel to Vietnam?| Answer and explain
- How to get Vietnam visa quickly and securely?
3. Who is eligible for Vietnam E-visa?
E Vietnam visa is now available for citizens of the following countries who are traveling to Vietnam for tourism purposes and stay in the country for no more than 30 days.
|Armenia||Iceland||Papua New Guinea|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Korea (South)||Romania|
|Chile||The former Yugoslav of Macedonia||Slovakia|
|China (Including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders, not apply to Chinese e-passport holders)||Malta||Slovenia|
|Colombia||Marshall Islands||Solomon Islands|
|Cuba||Federated States of Micronesia||Sweden|
|Czech Republic||Monaco||East Timor|
|Denmark||Mongolia||United Arab Emirates|
|Fiji||Myanmar||United States of America|
>>>> YOU MAY LIKE:
- Visa policy of Vietnam for travelers in details latest update
- Vietnam visa covid 19 update newest details for travelers
4. Entry ports apply for E Vietnam visa online
Citizens who have Vietnam e-visa is allowed to enter through one of the following 33 gates:
|Applicable Ports of Entry for Vietnam E visa online|
|Airports||Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong), Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa), Can Tho International Airport, Da Nang International Airport, Noi Bai Int Airport (Hanoi), Phu Bai Int Airport|
|Landports||Bo Y Landport, Cha Lo Landport, Cau Treo Landport, Huu Nghi Landport, Ha Tien Landport, Lao Bao Landport, Lao Cai Landport, La Lay Landport, Moc Bai Landport, Mong Cai Landport, Nam Can Landport, Na Meo Landport, Song Tien Landport, Tinh Bien Landport, Tay Trang Landport, Xa Mat Landport|
|Seaports||Chan May Seaport, Da Nang Seaport, Duong Dong Seaport, Hon Gai Seaport, Hai Phong Seaport, Nha Trang Seaport, Quy Nhon Seaport, Ho Chi Minh City Seaport, Vung Tau Seaport|
5. How can I apply for the Vietnam e-visa?
There are three main steps to come to the full process of how to get the visa for Vietnam online.
Step 1: You need to fill in the online Vietnam visa application form. You choose ”’E-visa” and select “For foreigners”, read the instructions and check the box “Confirmation of reading carefully instructions and having completed application” and click “Next.” And then, you will be verified with your passport information to finish this step.
Step 2: You can pay for the visa safely and easily through Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal.
Step 3: You will receive the document by email within a few days. You should print it and take it with you. You are required to show your Vietnam visa approval letter at the entry point to get into Vietnam.
6. Where to download a Vietnam visa online?
After applying for your e-Visa, you’ll need to wait three working days for your visa to be released, and then download it on the E-visa page at the Vietnamese national web portal on Immigration. If three days have passed and your visa is still unavailable, you can request help for Vietnam visa guide at Wolo Tours.
>>> READ MORE:
- How to get a visa for Vietnam from UK? | The entire answer
- Vietnam visa application UK | How to download, fill in correctly?
- Vietnam visa cost UK citizens | Update new 2022
7. How much is an e visa for Vietnam?
How much is a visa to Vietnam is a question asked by many travelers. A Vietnam e visa costs you 25 USD per person. This fee is not refunded if your application is refused or your visa letter contains any wrong details since you provide incorrect details in the application form.
8. Requirements when applying for a Vietnam visa online
In case you are eligible for a Vietnam visa online UK, please make sure the following to get the electronic visa:
- Your passport is valid for at least 6 months following arrival date and has at least 02 blank pages.
- 01 passport size photo under the Vietnam visa photo size requirements).
- Soft copies of passport personal data page and soft photos.
- Credit cards to pay for e-visa fee (American Express card is not acceptable).
>>>> YOU MAY LIKE: How to get Vietnam business visa? Requirements & fees 2022
9. Visa application: How many months before departure or urgent?
The Vietnam online visa application can be done as soon as possible. Your application will be approved within 3 working days on average. However, you should plan for some unexpected cases because urgent applications can even take longer than your schedule.
>>>> READ MORE:
10. Some tips when applying for a Vietnam visa online
Here are some suggestions for you when applying for a Vietnam online visa:
- Vietnam e visa is for tourists only, and valid for 1 month in a single entry.
- The cost of Vetnam visa online (E-visa) is non-refundable so you should make sure your application contains full information or contains no wrong details.
- Your port of entry granted on your e-visa is fixed, and you cannot change after submitting your Vietnamese e-visa application or after your visa is issued. In case you change your port of entry, a new visa should be applied.
- There is no group application accepted. Each application is for one applicant only.
- In case you are not eligible for a visa for Vietnam online, you can consider a visa on arrival.
- E-visa can be extended when you are in Vietnam.
11. How to extend your Vietnam e visa?
Vietnam visas must be extended at least 7 business days before the visa expires to allow time for processing. The visa requirements for Vietnam to extend an e visa are the same. Travelers need a passport valid for at least 6 months and with at least 2 blank pages and apply to the Vietnam immigration offices.
>>>> LEARN MORE:
- Visa Vietnam for Manchester citizens | How to get it?
- Vietnam visa from Scotland | How to get a Vietnam visa?
Hopefully, this article has given you a lot of useful information about a Vietnam e-visa helping you to get a convenient way for an entry visa to Vietnam. Please feel free to contact Wolo Tours for any detailed information.
- Address: 2nd floor No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: support@Vietnamvisatourist.com
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are there ways to get Vietnam visa?
Both E- Visa and visa on arrival have their advantage. If you travel once for a period of time, you can use e-visa. In other hand, if you travel many times for a period, visa on arrival should be better choice.
2. How many months before departure or urgent?
It may take about 3 days to complete your visa.
3. How much is an e visa for Vietnam?
The e visa costs 25USD/person for card payment.