Vietnam e-visa is a convenient and simple online application available to citizens of 80 countries. This guide will provide you with all the information and instructions you need to get your visa for Vietnam online approved quickly and easily.
>>>> Learn more: Vietnam visa: Types, requirements, fees & how to get it? 
1. What is the Vietnam e-visa?
Vietnam e-visa, also known as Vietnam electronic visa, is a new visa issued through an electronic transaction system instead of being affixed to the passport or issued separately. The e visa Vietnam was issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department on February 2, 2017, and allows foreigners to enter Vietnam to work, visit relatives, travel, work, etc. The validity of e Vietnam visa is 30 days with a single entry only. Besides, a Vietnam visa online costs 25 USD for card payments, and the processing takes three complete working days.
>>>> Find out more:
Vietnam visa on arrival 2022 | How to apply for VOA simple, fast?
Vietnam visa express | Apply for Vietnam emergency visa online
Starting in July 2020, visa Vietnam online allows nationals of 80 countries and only a single entry for 30 days, not for a multiple entry visa Vietnam. It includes Vietnam e visa UK which is available for British to apply for it.
|Australia||France||Micronesia Federated States of||Samoa|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Iceland||Myanmar||Solomon Islands|
|Chile||Kazakhstan||Palau||United Arab Emirates|
(Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR passport holders)
(Not apply to holders of Chinese e-passports)
|Korea (South)||Panama||United Kingdom (UK)|
|Colombia||Latvia||Papua New Guinea||United States of America|
|Czech Republic||The former Yugoslav of Macedonia (FYRM)||Portugal|
>>>> Download: List of countries that are allowed Vietnam e visa issuing
Those with an electronic visa in Vietnam are permitted through one of the following 33 ports:
|Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)||Bo Y Landport||Chan May Seaport|
|Cam Ranh Int Airport
|Cha Lo Landport||Da Nang Seaport|
|Can Tho International Airport||Cau Treo Landport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Da Nang International Airport||Huu Nghi Landport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Noi Bai Int Airport (Hanoi)||Ha Tien Landport||Hai Phong Seaport|
|Phu Bai Int Airport||Lao Bao Landport||Nha Trang Seaport|
|Tan Son Nhat Int Airport
(Ho Chi Minh City)
|Lao Cai Landport||Quy Nhon Seaport|
|La Lay Landport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|Moc Bai Landport||Vung Tau Seaport|
|Mong Cai Landport|
|Nam Can Landport|
|Na Meo Landport|
|Song Tien Landport|
|Tinh Bien Landport|
|Tay Trang Landport|
|Xa Mat Landport|
>>>> Download: List of e – visa Vietnam ports
2. Vietnam e visa requirements
If you want to meet the requirements for the Vietnam e-visa, please ensure that you have the following documents:
- A passport valid for at least six (6) months from the arrival date and getting at least 2 blank pages
- An image in.jpg format of your whole passport data page.
- A .jpg file with a passport photo (4×6, white background, without glasses) (see the photo requirements).
- A functional global credit or debit card for Vietnam e-visa fees. (American Express card is not accepted as payment).
- An email address for client service.
- A temporary residence address in Vietnam.
- Your entry and exit points/airports, your entry and exit dates.
>>>> Read now:
Visa requirements for Vietnam 2023 | Travel to Vietnam
Vietnam visa exemption: Form, fees, and certificates | 5-year
3. How to get a Vietnam visa online
After knowing the requirements of the Vietnam e-visa, to complete the Vietnam online visa procedure, you need to follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Access the evisa Vietnam official website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn. Then choose E-visa and select For foreigners.
- Step 2: Read the instruction and complete your application. Then, tick the box “Confirmation of reading carefully instructions and having completed application” and click “Next,” check the box next to it, and click “Next.”
- Step 3: Upload your passport’s personal data page and photo as directed.
- Step 4: Fill out the form with the required information, including Full name, Current nationality, Religion, and Phone number,…
- Step 5: You will receive a verification number after verifying your information. You’ll need it later, so write it down somewhere.
- Step 6: Pay the $25 e-visa cost via an online payment system.
- Step 7: A few days later, visit this website once more, go to the e-visa search option, and enter your registration code, email address, and date of birth to check the status of your e-visa application.
- Step 8: Get a link to the one-page e-visa letter for Vietnam so you may print it off if your application is accepted.
- Step 9: To enter Vietnam, provide your letter or visa code at the entrance point.
>>> Related information:
Vietnam visa application | How to apply & Requirements 
Vietnam visa options | Types of Vietnamese visa 2023
4. Vietnam e visa cost and processing time
Vietnam e-visa cost is 25 USD/ per person. If your application is rejected or your visa letter contains any errors due to erroneous information you provided on the application form, this cost is not refundable.
The e-visa letter is typically delivered in three working days; however, processing times might be extended because of many applicants’ holidays. As a result, you need to consider requesting this visa form 1-2 weeks before departure.
>>>> See now: Visa for Vietnam cost | How much is a visa to Vietnam?
5. Vietnam e-visa extension
A Vietnam e-visa cannot be extended now. If you want to stay in Vietnam after your e-visa expires, you are strongly advised to travel to a nearby country first, then back to Vietnam with a new e-visa. This is called the form of a Vietnam visa run.
>>>> Click here: Vietnam visa extension 2021 | How to extend your Vietnam visa?
6. Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get an extension for a 30-day Vietnam e-visa?
Yes, you can apply for a 30-day e-Visa extension, but it only can be done within Vietnam.
2. Where can I enter Vietnam with an e-visa?
33 points of entry accept an electronic visa for Vietnam. You can see a List of Vietnam e-visa ports.
3. Can I enter Vietnam after the entry date in Vietnam evisa?
If the start date and end dates shown for your visa are both valid, you can enter Vietnam at any time during this period of time.
Vietnam e-visa is a convenient method of visa application that you can refer to besides a visa at the embassy or visa on arrival (VOA). Hopefully, you have understood Vietnam e visa requirements and costs to prepare for your application process. If you want to apply for a Vietnam e visa, contact us for prompt support.
- Headquarter: 2nd floor – No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: email@example.com
>>>> Related Information:
5 Benefits of E-visa & Why You Should Get an e-Visa Now 2023