The Vietnam visa for UK citizens has become one of the most popular visas because of the increasing number of travelers from this country. How to get a visa to Vietnam? The Wolo Tours would like to provide you with the detailed requirements, length of stay, costs, and policies during Covid 19 in this article.
1. Do UK citizens need a visa to Vietnam?
According to the new law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam, UK citizens don’t need a visa to visit Vietnam for up to 15 days each stay. At the moment, the Vietnam’s borders are remaining shut to all foreign tourists due to COVID 19.
>>>> LEARN MORE:
- Apply Vietnam e-visa | Visa for Vietnam online application
- Vietnam visa guide for each types in details for travelers
2. How to get a visa for Vietnam for UK Citizens?
UK citizens will need to get a visa to enter Vietnam for those who are not eligible for visa exemption. There are up to three ways to get a valid and legitimate Vietnam visa from the UK.
2.1 Apply visa at the Vietnamese embassy
This is also known as Pre-arranged Vietnam visa for the UK and is issued by Vietnam missions in foreign countries. This whole process may take 3 to 5 working days. Applicants will normally need to prepare the following documents:
- Visit the website of the embassy or consulate with which they need to apply for the visa.
- Complete the Vietnam visa application form, then stick your photo there and sign it.
- Travel to the embassy or consulate of Vietnam to submit the form together with the original passport and other documents (as required) and pay the fee.
- Come back home and wait.
- Travel to the office again to receive the passport together with the visa stamp.
>>>> READ MORE:
- Do I need a visa to travel to Vietnam?| Answer and explain
- Do British need visa for Vietnam?| Clearly & fully answer
- Vietnam E visa costs UK citizens | Update new 2022
2.2 Apply Vietnam e-visa
The Vietnam electronic visa is the newest way of getting a visa to Vietnam. It takes 3 working days for processing, costs US$25, and is granted for single entry visits for up to 30 days to nationals of the 80 eligible countries. Travelers must make sure the following to get the e-visa and access to the Vietnam Immigration website to apply for it.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months following arrival date and have at least 02 blank pages.
- 01 passport size photo as Vietnam visa photo requirements UK.
- Soft copies of passport personal data page, and soft photo.
- Credit cards to make payment online for e-visa fee (American Express card is not accepted).
2.3 Apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA)
The Vietnam visa on arrival is a type of visa that you will be picked a visa stamp and visa sticker at the Vietnam international airports. This is a popular way to apply for a visa to enter Vietnam instead of the traditional way through the embassy or consulate.
Getting a visa for Vietnam from the UK does not pose any problem or difficulty as at the moment, there are namely follow these 3 simple steps:
- Access to the website of a Vietnam visa center, then complete an online form and make payment of service fee to such center.
- After normally 2 working days, travelers will receive a Vietnam visa approval letter via email.
- Visitors will show the letter to board the flight and then finally get the visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport by showing the original passport and the visa approval letter and paying the stamping fee.
>>>> LEARN MORE: Vietnam visa application UK | How to download, fill in correctly?
3. Vietnam visa cost for UK Citizens
The price table below is for Vietnam visa cost for VOA service and is quoted in US dollars. If you want to apply through the Embassy of Vietnam in the United Kingdom, please contact the Embassy directly for visa prices.
Table about Vietnam visa fee for Tourist:
Normal Service (24 – 48 hours) –
visa stamping fee excluded
Will be paid at the Airport
|1-3 pax||4-6 pax||7-9 pax||10 – upwards||(01 working day)||(4 working hours)||2 working hours|
|1 month single||14||12||10||8||Plus $ 10/pax||Plus $ 20/pax||Plus $30/ pax||25 USD|
|1 month multiple||15||13||12||10||50 USD|
|3 months single||25||22||20||18||25 USD|
|3 months multiple||45||42||40||38||50 USD|
|12 months travel for US citizens||70||65||62||60||135 USD|
Table about Vietnam visa fee for business:
Visa Type (Business Purpose)
Normal Service (05-07 working days) –
visa stamping fee excluded
Will be paid at the Airport
|1-4 pax||from 5 pax upwards||(03 working days)||(02 working days)||01 working day|
|1 month single||80||70||Plus $ 30/pax||Plus $ 50/pax||Contact our support||25 USD|
|1 month multiple||90||80||50 USD|
|3 months single||115||110||25 USD|
|3 months multiple||145||130||50 USD|
|6 months multiple||420 (7-10 working days)||95 USD|
|12 months multiple||550 (7-10 working days)||135 USD|
4. Vietnam visa policy
Firstly, the Vietnam visa policy exemption for holders of popular passports varies from 90 days at maximum to 14 days at a minimum. However, a 30-day exemption visa is granted to those entering the coastal economic zones by the detailed conditions.
In addition, the visa policy for overseas Vietnamese national who holds a foreign passport says that the Certificate of Visa Exemption is valid for up to 5 years or up to 6 months before the passport expiration date and can be extended for a further 180 days.
The last is about the Visa exemption policy for those traveling to Phu Quoc Island. All travelers who directly visit Phu Quoc Island from a third country will be exempted from visa requirements for UK citizens for up to 30 days.
5. Vietnam visa application form
At the present, there are two forms of visa application in the visa policy of Vietnam: A loose-leaf visa which is often issued to those whose valid passport has no blank page, and a visa stamp that is a sticker in your passport issued by the UK embassy or consulate.
>>>> SEE MORE:
- How to get a Vietnam visa quickly and securely?
- How to get a visa for Vietnam from UK? | The entire answer
6. Types and Codes of Vietnam visa
Based on the purpose of the visit, visas for Vietnam are classified into about 21 main types by the new immigration regulations. This article will show you 6 popular Vietnam visa options
6.1 Tourist visa (DL)
A tourist visa Vietnam (DL) is issued to those who are traveling to Vietnam for tourism only, not for doing any business in the country. Travelers may extend visas in Vietnam if wishes to remain in the country.
6.2 Business visa (DN)
The Vietnam business visa (DN) is categorized into 2 types: DN1 is granted to foreigners who work with other businesses and organizations with legal status in accordance with the laws of Vietnam, DN2 is preferred to offer services, establish a commercial presence or perform other activities under international treaties to which Vietnam is a member.
6.3 Student visa (HD)
A Vietnam student visa (HD) is granted to those who are attending a university course in Vietnam. Normally this type of visa can be applied at the Vietnam Immigration Office after arrival in the country.
>>>> READ MORE: How much is a visa to Vietnam? | Time to process each types
6.4 Working visa (LD)
A working visa (LD) is permitted foreigners to work in Vietnam with a work permit exemption certificate unless otherwise provided for in international treaties to which Vietnam is a member. This type of visa is valid for 2 years at a maximum.
6.5 Investor visa (DT)
An investment visa (DT) is a type of visa issued to foreign investors in Vietnam. There are 4 types: DT1, DT2, DT3, DT4, and normally depends on the amount of capital contributed by foreign investors to determine the validity of the visa.
6.6 Diplomatic visa (NN)
A Vietnam Diplomatic visa (NN1, NN2, NN3, NN4) is granted to the members of a delegation visiting Vietnam at the invitation of the Vietnamese ministries or other high ranked government officials, consulate personnel in Vietnam, and those who go for the work with the consulate members or visit them for a short period.
7. Vietnam visa length of stay
Vietnam entry visa is normally categorized into 6 types: 1-month single-entry visa, 1-month multiple entry visa, 3 months single entry visa, 3 months multiple entry visa, 6 months multiple entry visas, and 1-year multiple entry visas. The major difference between a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa Vietnam is the number of entries into the countries.
8. Who does not need a visa for Vietnam entry?
Holders of popular passports, overseas Vietnamese national who holds a foreign passport, non-popular passport visitors, and travelers to Phu Quoc Island do not need a visa for Vietnam entry.
9. Vietnam visa exemption
Citizens of certain countries may visit Vietnam without a visa for a certain period of time. As of January 2019, there are 24 countries and regions that have visa exemption agreements with Vietnam, unilaterally or bilaterally.
10. Vietnam multiple entry visa
A Vietnam multiple entry visa is a type of visa that allows its holders to enter and leave Vietnam several times during the visa validity. It is also called a “re-entry visa”. This kind of Vietnamese visa is very convenient for those who want to have several visits to Vietnam during a certain period of time.
11. Visa requirements for UK citizens
Vietnam visa requirements, Tourist visa or Business visa for British both need the below conditions:
- A passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date (Temporary passports may not be accepted).
- Passport must have 2 blank pages for visa stamp.
- 02 Passport size photos (4*6cm).
- A sponsorship letter from a licensed company in Vietnam is required if you apply for a business.
12. How to get Vietnam Visa Covid (Vietnam Entry Permit in Covid 19)?
The Vietnam visa Covid is required for all foreigners to visit Vietnam now. It is a special permit issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department to allow its holder to enter, stay in quarantine at a registered hotel, and then remain in Vietnam for a certain period of time.
The following requirements should be collected in order to get a Vietnam entry permit:
- The foreign experts have a sponsor company in Vietnam, which means that they have a company to work in Vietnam that will be responsible for all the paperwork and obtaining the permit for the foreigners’ entry into Vietnam.
- The employers have all required papers for Vietnam entry permit including approval by the Department of Health, approval by the Provincial People’s Committee.
Getting an entry permit for Vietnam involves a complicated procedure in which the foreign experts and their sponsor companies should work together to complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Applying for approval of demand on using foreign workers.
- Step 2: Applying for approval from the Provincial People’s Committee.
- Step 3: Applying for approval from the Department of Health.
- Step 4: Applying for a Vietnam entry permit.
- Step 5: Informing relevant authorities.
13. Vietnam visa extension for UK citizens
In case you would like to stay in Vietnam longer than your visa validity, you may extend your visa in 2 ways:
- Come to Immigration office to arrange the extension for you
- Contact with Agent who help you to do extension
14. Vietnam visa renewal
If you want to renew your visa, you will be granted a new visa sticker and a stay duration stamp on your passport with the new duration permission. Besides, the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because you must pay the stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
14.1 What is visa renewal?
Visa renewal is a type of visa that allows foreigners to extend their stay in Vietnam without leaving the country. It is almost the same as a visa extension but the process to apply for it is different.
14.2 Visa renewal requirements
To renew a visa in Vietnam, your original passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the time of renewal and have at least 02 blank pages.
15. Vietnam visa service express for UK passport holders
Wolo Tours is willing to provide you with many pieces of information, tips, guidance for traveling and using services during your wonderful stay in Vietnam. British customers can easily receive the best service quality via mailing. You will be got a visa stamp conveniently and safely with a variety of benefits:
- The visa application process is supported from the beginning to the end.
- An experienced and dedicated team of consultants helps you step by step.
- The application processing time is carried out quickly.
- You will get a reasonable fee.
- The procedures information is completely provided in detail.
- Accompanying services such as direct airport shuttle by car (Fast track service and Car Pickup) is free.
The Wolo Tours hopes travelers will get a lot of useful information to apply for a Vietnam Visa from this article. Because of the pandemic, some processes must have been changed to save people’s lifestyles, but it cannot prevent all of the UK citizens from traveling. Please feel free to contact Wolo Tours for any further information.
- Address: 2nd floor No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: support@Vietnamvisatourist.com
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are there ways to get Vietnam visa?
There 3 ways for you to get Vietnam visa, inclued:
+ Applying visa at the Vietnamese embassy
+ Applying Vietnam e-visa
+ Applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA)
2. Types of Vietnam visa today?
There are 6 popular types of Vịetnam visa today, which includes:
+ Tourist visa (DL)
+ Business visa (DN1, DN2)
+ Student/internship visa (DH)
+ Investor Visa (DT1, DT2, DT3, DT4)
+ Working visa (LD1 – LD2)
+ Diplomatic visa (NG)
3. Cost to make Vietnam visa
The cost of making Vietnam visa depends on the types and purpose of visa. Please read part 3 in the article to know the detail price.
4. How to get Vietnam Visa during covid 19?
You must get a special permit issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, which allows you to enter, stay in quarantine at a registered hotel, and then remain in Vietnam for a certain period of time.
>>>> SEE MORE: