Vietnam work permit is an official certificate issued by the Department of Labor to allow its employees to work in Vietnam legally. If you want to have a long time working in Vietnam, getting a permit to work is essential. Let Wolo Tours show you all information about the requirements and process of getting a work permit in Vietnam. Get started!
>>>> SEE MORE: Vietnamese visa: Types, cost, requirements, policy & application
1. Requirements for work permit in Vietnam
Known as a working document required for all foreign employees before entering an employment contract in Vietnam, a work permit is really important. Here are some requirements for a work permit in Vietnam:
- Over 18 years old.
- People have good health conditions, which satisfies the specific demands and requirements of the job.
- The person who does not have any criminal record in the native country or on national security grounds. They are also not currently subject to the supervision of Vietnamese or foreign police officers.
- The following are the requirements for which a work permit in Vietnam has been met:
- For foreign experts:
- Foreign workers with a bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent can apply for a job in Vietnam if they have three years of experience working in a field closely related to the job they are applying for.
- A foreign worker must have at least five years of experience working in a field closely related to the job they will be doing in Vietnam.
- Technical workers
- If you have worked in a technical or another field for at least one year and have been working for three years in that field, you may be eligible for a particular job.
- To be eligible for a job in Vietnam, people must have at least 5 years of experience in a job typically done in Vietnam.
- The company where the foreigner is working has a legitimate business operation on their business registration certificate.
- Directors, CEOs’
- Decision on the appointment
- They must have a certificate with a minimum of three years of experience in the same position.
- Having legal documents issued in foreign countries.
- For foreign experts:
2. Who have Vietnam work permit exemption?
Under article 154, Clauses 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 of the Labour Code 45/2019/Qh14 and Decree No. 7. 152/2020/Nd-Cp, if foreigners are included in one of the following scenarios, they may meet requirements for a work permit in Vietnam.
- If a foreign person owns or contributes at least 3 billion VND to a limited liability company, they are considered to be the owner or capital contributor of the company.
- Foreigners who own at least 3 billion VND in shares of a joint-stock company are allowed to be the chairperson or a member of the Board of Directors.
- Foreigners play a leading role in running international organizations or foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
- Foreigners who visit Vietnam for less than three months are allowed to offer services.
- Foreigners who are seeking to enter and stay in Vietnam for less than three months for the purpose of resolving complicated technical or technological problems that are causing production and business operations to suffer may be denied entry.
- Foreign lawyers with a license to practice law in Vietnam in accordance with the Law on Lawyers are welcome.
- Foreigners who marry Vietnamese citizens and wish to reside in Vietnam are allowed.
- Foreign workers who are internally rehired in companies operating in 11 service industries are part of the WTO commitments in Viet Nam on services, including business, communications, construction, distribution, education, environment, finance, health, tourism, culture, leisure, and transport.
- Foreign workers arriving in Viet Nam to provide professional and technical advice related to research, construction, and implementation of ODA-financed programs.
- Foreign workers who have been licensed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for communication and journalism practice in Vietnam.
- Foreign workers hired by foreign agencies or organizations to work in international schools managed by foreign diplomatic missions or the United Nations are covered by agreements between Vietnam and their respective countries of origin.
- The foreign volunteer is entering Vietnam to do work without any payment, in accordance with international treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a member. The foreign volunteer is certified by a foreign diplomatic mission or international organization in Vietnam.
- Foreign experts, managers, and executives holding positions for a period of fewer than 30 days and 03 visits to Vietnam per year.
- Foreigners who are registered with central or provincial agencies or organizations in Vietnam to implement international agreements signed by these entities in accordance with the law may enter the country.
- Students currently studying in overseas schools or training institutions and agreeing on practical training in Vietnamese institutions, organizations, or enterprises, or onboard Vietnamese ships
- Foreign diplomats who are relatives of employees with legal authorization to work in Vietnam are allowed.
- Foreigners with Official Passports who are intending to work in state agencies, political organizations, or sociopolitical organizations in Vietnam.
- Foreigners have a responsibility in establishing a commercial presence.
- Foreigners who have been certified by the Ministry of Education and Training as entering Vietnam to carry out teaching or research activities are welcome in Vietnam.
- The treaties that Vietnam is a member of include international agreements.
3. How to apply for Vietnam work permit ?
Because of the Covid-19, the procedure when entering a country is more complicated. If you are not Vietnamese, it is important to get a work permit for foreigners in Vietnam. You can conduct 3 steps that are listed below:
3.1 Step 1: Contact us to get your profile checked
First and foremost, please call or send a message to the hotline of the company that provides work permit visa service. Besides that, you can contact them via Whatsapp, Viber, and Zalo. The experts will check your documents for the first assessment and consultation and then quote.
>>>> LEARN MORE: Vietnam visa covid 19 update newest details for travelers
3.2 Step 2: Send documents and sign required forms
In the second step, you will prepare the documents in consultation, sign the forms that are filled out and send them to the address of the company. Remember to double checked the destination information in order to make sure that everything is correct.
Upon receipt of all your valid documents, the firm will process your application with the relevant authorities until you have obtained a work permit. The good thing about this process is that all documents will be processed carefully without any mistakes.
3.3 Step 3: Receive the result for work permit Vietnam
This is the last stage of the process. You will be notified of the availability of your work permit. Then, customers can pick it up at the office, or the firm will send it to your physical address. You will be consulted to see what you should do after receiving your work permit for foreigner in Vietnam.
>>>> READ MORE:
4. When to get work permit in Vietnam?
After completing the process to enter Vietnam for work, the employer will obtain a work permit issued in the form of 12/PLI within 5 business days after submitting a fully valid document. If they are rejected, the employers will receive a clarification.
>>>> YOU MAY LIKE: Visa policy of Vietnam for travelers in details latest update
5. Work permit Vietnam cost and processing time
Are you concerned about the cost and processing time when traveling to Vietnam? Getting a work permit is not difficult. If you have all of your valid documents, you can pay a work permit price Vietnam.
|Processing time||Ha Noi||Ho Chi Minh City|
|25 working days||230 USD/pax||230 USD/pax|
|18 working days||280 USD/pax||280 USD/pax|
6. Validity and extension of Vietnam work permit
According to Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP, a work permit is valid for two years and can be extended once for an additional two years. To do this, people should follow the Vietnam work permit extension procedure. If the work permit is set to expire, the employer will have to follow the same procedure to get a new one if you want to keep employing the foreign employee.
A work permit may be terminated if:
- Your work permit has expired
- Labor contract has been terminated
- Inconsistencies between the content of the labor contract and the work permit obtained
- Contracts for business, trade, finance, banking, insurance, science and technology, culture, sport, education or medicine have expired or have been terminated
- The work permit issued by the authorized state agency has been withdrawn
- The company, organization, and partners in Vietnam have ceased operations.
The validity of the work permit in Vietnam is two years. And if you want to work for a long time in Vietnam, you can apply for an extension of the work permit. However, before you return home or move to another country for work and leave Vietnam, your work permit must be canceled with the help of the Ministry of Labour, Disability, and Social Affairs.
>>>> RELATED TOPICS: Vietnam passport visa free countries [Full list index 2022]
7. Wolo Tours provide work permit service in Vietnam
Wolo Tours have more than 10 years of experience in Vietnam immigration processes with many advantages. Firstly, the business support fully the visa application process for clients. Secondly, Wolo Tours has an experienced, professional, and dedicated team of consultants with fast application processing time. Thirdly, the information about procedures is provided clearly, completely, and in detail. Lastly, you can get accompanying services such as direct airport shuttle support by car (Fast track service and Car Pickup).
The business places great emphasis on completing the visa approval letter in a timely manner, so clients can obtain a Vietnamese visa in a convenient and safe way. In addition, Wolo Tours are willing to provide customers with useful and detailed information, travel guidance, and use of services during a wonderful stay in Vietnam. You can see the contact of this business below this article.
Having read this article, you will understand more about Vietnam work permit and the requirements when applying. If you want to find a company where can help you with Vietnam visa service, do not hesitate to contact Wolo Tours through this contact information:
- Address: 2nd floor No 02, Alley 232, Yen Hoa street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Viet Nam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
>>>> SEE ALSO: