According to the visa requirements for Vietnam 2022, most international travelers for any purpose must have a valid entry visa issued by a competent authority of Vietnam. Are you confused about these regulations? VEU’s Visa Services would like to help you to learn about Vietnam visa requirements by the following checklist.
>>>> SEE ALSO: Visas for Vietnam UK citizens: Types, Cost, Requirements, Policy
1. Required documents to apply for a Vietnam visa
These documents are required for those who are not exempted from Vietnam visas.
Required documents to apply for a Vietnam visa the UK
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months following your arrival date to Vietnam and have at least 2 blank pages for immigration stamps. A temporary passport is not acceptable.
Vietnam visa requirements
1.2 Visa Approval Letter
A Vietnam visa approval letter is one of the important requirements when applying for a Vietnam visa. A Visa Approval Letter is required if you want to get a Vietnam visa on arrival at any international airport. It allows you to stay officially for a certain period.
A Visa Approval Letter
>>>> YOU MAY LIKE: Uk visa to Vietnam: Types, Cost, Requirements, Policy
You need to prepare two passport-sized photos and must be taken recently without glass-wear. The information is below:
- The Vietnam visa photo size should be 4 x 6 cm (standard Vietnam photography size) or 2 x 2 inches.
- The photos should have been taken in the last 6 months.
- The photos must be identical in color, printed on bond or professional photo paper.
- They must be a front full-face view with a solid, plain bright background.
- A headgear or hat must be kept out unless it must be worn for religious purposes.
Vietnam Visa photo standard of required
- The outfit except for religious attire should not be worn.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless they are required for medical reasons.
- In some exceptional cases, consistent objects like prescription glasses, a hearing device, similar, or wig items are still accepted.
- No smile. Just keep a natural expression.
A sample of Vietnam visa photo
>>>>SEE MORE: Vietnam e visa UK application form| Guide to e-Visa in Vietnam
1.4 Visa application form
There are two types of Vietnam visa application form: The Vietnamese Visa Application Form (also known as the Entry and exit form) and the Vietnam Visa On Arrival Application Form. These forms are required for all travelers to Vietnam.
The Vietnamese Visa Application Form
The Vietnam Visa On Arrival Application Form
>>>> READ MORE: Vietnam Visa UK application form| Guide to e-Visa in Vietnam
1.5 Vietnam Visa Stamping Fee
When you arrive at the international airport, you should look for the Vietnam entry visa counter where you can carry out immigration procedures and pay the visa stamping fee.
Vietnam Visa Stamping Fee
>>>> SEE MORE:
2. Vietnam visa requirements during Covid-19
Before coming to Vietnam, all travelers should have their negative test results because of the pandemic. Besides, you should get some notice about Vietnam visa requirements during Covid-19 as below:
- You need to check whether the immigration offices where you remain open and working normally before traveling.
- Those needing to renew their visas can do so by completing the support request form at https://vietnamvisatourist.com/ or contacting (+84) 918 21 2468.
- You can be denied boarding if you go to the airport without an exit visa, so you should contact your local immigration office to apply for it and pay any overstay fees.
- Vietnamese visit visas are issued to foreigners for a limited duration. Therefore, you should check the visa validity and conditions carefully before the date of expiry.
- For those with a valid work visa or resident cards, you can extend your visa at immigration offices with the assistance and support of your family or employer.
Vietnam visa requirements during Covid-19
3. Visa requirements for Vietnam by nationality
There are different visa requirements so it is necessary to select your nationality in the list below to check whether or not you need a visa to Vietnam:
|Countries||Tourist visa||Business visa||Visa on arrival|
|France||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Germany||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Japan||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Singapore||Not required (30 days)||Not required (30 days)||Eligible|
|South Korea||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Thailand||Not required (30 days)||Not required (30 days)||Eligible|
|United Arab Emirates||Required||Required||Eligible|
|United Kingdom||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
>>>> LEARN MORE:
4. Some things to pay attention to preparing Vietnam visa requirements
First of all, travelers who transit through Vietnam airport should check the airlines for Vietnam visa requirements. Moreover, the visa approval letter is valid at the airport only, so travelers can apply for a Vietnam visa via the local embassy if they enter Vietnam by land or cruise.
Some attentions of visa requirements in Vietnam
Last but not least, in case you are granted visa-free access to Vietnam, you just need a passport with at least 6 months of validity following your date of entering Vietnam.
Hopefully, the above article has already provided a lot of useful reports for your needs and purposes of the visa requirements for Vietnam 2022. Do not hesitate to contact VEU’s Visa Services for any further information. Thank you for reading.
- No 09, line 12/ 143 Kim Ma street, Kim Ma commune, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi, Vietnam
- L’espoir Homestay – No 05, line 141, Yen Phu street, Yen Phu commune, Tay Ho district, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Website: https://vietnamvisatourist.com/
- Hotline: (+84) 918 21 2468
- Email: support@Vietnamvisatourist.com
>>>> READ MORE:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a visa to enter Vietnam?
Yes, you need to have a visa to enter Vietnam legally. You can use a type of visa, which is convenient to you.
2. What is the requirement for Vietnam visa photo?
You must follow there requirements to make acceptable pics:
– The Vietnam visa photo size: 4 x 6 cm (Vietnam standard) or 2 x 2 inches.
– Taken in the last 6 months.
– Be identical in color, printed on bond or professional photo paper.
– Be a front full-face view with a solid, plain bright background.
– A headgear or hat must be kept out( Unless it must be worn for religious purposes). – The outfit except for religious attire should not be worn.
– Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless they are required for medical reasons.
– In some exceptional cases, consistent objects like prescription glasses, a hearing device, similar, or wig items are still accepted.
– No smile.
3. What documents are needed to apply for a Vietnam visa at the local embassy/consulate?
There are all the documents you need to bring while applying for a Vietnam visa at the local embassy/consulate
– Visa Approval Letter
– Visa application form
– Vietnam Visa Stamping Fee
5. What if my passport is valid for less than 6 months?
You cannot apply for a Vietnam visa if your passport is expired. In this case, you will need to obtain a new passport before submitting your application. So, check and make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry to Vietnam.